Minor feature suggestion: Make it possible to hotkey-continue auto-scrolling after making annotation/highlight.

Gew gew at gmx.com
Sat Oct 28 12:14:03 BST 2023

Hi!

I'm not sure if this message is getting posted in your "stream", but I'm
hoping it will. I'm a frequent flyer with the software and I love it by
all means. At the moment I only have one minor "headache" that I'm
thinking perhaps could be easily fixed. I usually read long scholarship
papers รก .pdf and then I use SHIFT+<down> (a couple of times, till I
reach desired pace) for auto-scrolling so I can just sit and watch the
text. I do, however, often feel the need to highlight some part of the
text. I'm a heavy hotkey user, so I just press either CTRL or SHIFT to
pause the auto-scroll, and then press <number> to pick a color and
highlight the potion of the text. This is where my headache is at.

After the highlight has been made, pressing CTRL or SHIFT one time does
not un-pause the auto-scrolling (like it normally does). Instead I need
to reactivate it by doing the SHIFT+<down arrow till desired pace> over
again. This is indeed a first world issue, but if Okular could be
somehow configured so that it remembers me being in a state of auto
scroll (currently on hold) whilst puttin the highlight, so that I can
just continue .. my life would be somewhat easier! :)

Since Okular is open source I'm guessing that if I were good with code I
could do this myself, but I'm not sure if it would require just some
tiny lines of code or some bigger rewrite, and also, I'm not good with
code! :P So, I'm putting it out there. I'm spontaneously thinking that
my described "workflow" is not so weird, so that this change in behavior
could in fact benefit a lot of users. Haven't given possible downsides
much thought however.

Cheers!