Removing import Postscript as PDF feature?

Sune Stolborg Vuorela sune at vuorela.dk
Fri Nov 24 08:49:15 GMT 2023

On Friday, November 24, 2023 12:53:31 AM CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> What do we win by removing the code? It's like 10 lines of code i guess?

it is just 2 digits lines of code, yes. But there is some bugs in it.
 - Paper size
 - memory leaks on conversion failure
 - no user feedback on conversion failure
 - Not that good user experience if ps2pdf not available

I'm also trying to flip it around a  bit. If this was proposed today where we
have a postscript generator in okular, would we accept this feature?

All of this can be fixed, but I'd rather just remove it because I don't yet see
the value in it.

/Sune

--
I didn’t stop pretending when I became an adult, it’s just that when I was a
kid I was pretending that I fit into the rules and structures of this world.