Suggestion for development

Bruno Peixoto brunoalbertopeixoto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:04:46 GMT 2023

What language is used to create edons or plugins for Okular? I know it must
be difficult to develop these functions for Okular. But I have a list of
functions that would be perfect if Okular had these functions to go head to
head with commercial applications.
If I knew how to program, I would do something like this for OKular and
other learning functions to compete with paid apps.
I'm using the Windows version and the voice is robotic and the reading
isn't synced phrase and word for word like in Microsoft Edge.
I use Microsoft Edge to read my college texts aloud and study by selecting
and annotating the texts and then use them to Zotero to write academic
texts. Edge voices are from Azure and not very nice.I have ADHD and this
method helps me a lot and I only want to use OpenSource applications.

1. Suggestion: It would be something like in this videos and how it works
in Microsoft Edge:
  https://youtu.be/1CwmaHtDYpg?t=65  https://youtu.be/Nw5MO4Qq2UQ?t=79

https://www.onenote.com/learningtools
In addition to offline neuronal tts, another suggestion would be an
interline pdf translation. It would be perfect for reading texts in other
languages. If it had the option to choose between reading by voice in the
original language and in the translated language, it would be fantastic for
studying.
2. Character recognition
3. Protect with password, watermark and signature. I didn't understand how
to sign Okular's signature mode in the current version.
4. Edit text, image and layout
5. Crop from top and footnote pages for better immersive reading in tts
6. Reduce size according to chosen quality and export in other formats like
.doc