Possible to change scroll refresh rate to match monitor (e.g. 120Hz, 144Hz)

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Sat Jan 7 09:47:51 GMT 2023

> Is there some way to get okular to refresh the page faster?
> It seems fixed at 60hz.

Its not possible from within Okular.
According to QScroller documentation, there is a global animation timer which
sets the update rate.
This timer should match the frame rate of the screen, but apparently that
doesn’t work.
(Maybe you have more than one monitor, or the monitor changes framerate after
startup, or Qt fails to detect it correctly.)

> Of note other KDE / qt apps refresh at the monitor rate
> (konsole, kate, kile)

It surprises me, because they use either line-wise scrolling, which happens
instantly, or Okular.
If it works in the Kile document preview, that means Kile is better than the
Okular shell in detecting the framerate.