press release feedback | "First Ever Eco-Certified Computer Program: KDE's Popular PDF-Reader Okular"

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 8 21:26:16 GMT 2022

El dimarts, 8 de març de 2022, a les 12:31:31 (CET), David Hurka va escriure:
> I think it is also important that users have the choice which program to use.
> There are other programs which may be candidates for the same eco label. Maybe
> link to https://pdfreaders.org?
>
> (My favourite example for such other programs is Atril, although its not
> listed on that page.)

I don't think that doesn't make any sense, you don't write a Press Release saying "use other software too if you want".

There's being nice, which I'm all for, and there's being unnecessarily nice.

We (greater we, I did nothing) did the work, we are the "First Ever Eco-Certified Computer Program", let's not diminish that by saying "others could maybe get the label too", sure they probably *could*, but have they? no, they haven't.