Suggestion: Make Okular more compatible to gnome and other env

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Tue Mar 8 11:20:32 GMT 2022

> the fonts of its menus are just too small on today's monitors,
> it depends on KDE settings to set (which I failed to get that
> working under gnome) instead of having its own.

I think Okular should not need so implement such settings. The GUI toolkit
should be able to read such settings from the Gnome environment. I don’t know
why toolkits struggle so much with understanding configuration on systems
where they are not the “native” toolkit.

But I could imagine that KConfig automatically adds a page to the
configuration dialog, with settings which usually belong to the desktop
environment configuration tools, if it detects that the environment does not
provide them.

Personally, I have the problem the other way round. WxWidgets applications
(which use GTK) have tiny font although Plasma provides “GNOME/GTK Application
Style” settings.