press release feedback | "First Ever Eco-Certified Computer Program: KDE's Popular PDF-Reader Okular"

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Mon Mar 7 13:53:13 GMT 2022

Dear Okular developers, dear KDE e.V. Board!

First and foremost, thank you to the Okular developers for making such
an excellent document viewer -- and one that is now officially
recognized for its sustainable software design! In February 2022 Okular
received the Blue Angel ecolabel, the official environmental label
awarded by the German government. This is wonderful news, and I want to
congratulate you and the larger KDE community on this achievement!

At the link below you will find the press release. I would like to
publish it soon. Before doing so, though, I want to get your opinion on
the text. Is there anything critical that is missing? Is there something
that is misleading or that you would remove? The text is in its final
revisions, so I would like to keep changes to a minimum, but your
feedback is needed so the work of Okular developers and the KDE
community is best represented.

/Important/: please send feedback by *Thursday 10 March* at *13:00 CET*
(in 3 days). If that is not possible for you, be in touch. I certainly
do not want to exclude anyone, but we would like to release the text
sooner rather than later.

Press release link: https://collaborate.kde.org/s/nGtcmX7eiLKJQDD

I look forward to your feedback!

Your KDE Eco community organizer,
Joseph

P.s. Here are some other relevant links.

You can view the Blue Angel ecolabel directly at the Okular website:

   https://okular.kde.org/

And here is the website of the Blue Angel, where Okular is featured:

https://www.blauer-engel.de/de/produktwelt/ressourcen-und-energieeffiziente-softwareprodukte

Finally, you can learn more about current plans for the promo campaign
here, with more to come:

   https://phabricator.kde.org/T15282

--
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: