testing framework

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 30 22:33:12 GMT 2022

El dissabte, 29 de gener de 2022, a les 13:47:48 (CET), Andreas Naumann va escriure:
> Hey @all,
>
> I did not yet find out, how to run the tests properly. At the moment
> 10/20 tests fail, even on the head of branch release/21.12. With tests,
> I mean running "ctest " in the build folder.
>
> The failing tests are:
>            2 - kimgiotest (Failed)
>            6 - documenttest (SEGFAULT)
>            7 - searchtest (SEGFAULT)
>           10 - editannotationcontentstest (Failed)
>           11 - addremoveannotationtest (Failed)
>           12 - translateannotationtest (Failed)
>           13 - modifyannotationpropertiestest (Failed)
>           14 - editformstest (Failed)
>           16 - mainshelltest (SEGFAULT)
>           17 - annotationtoolbartest (SEGFAULT)
>
> Until now, I followed the instructions at
> https://okular.kde.org/build-it/ using kde/neon with pre-installed
> development libraries. My install prefix is my home folder ~/kde_installed.
>
> I am puzzled by two advices:
> 1) The website https://okular.kde.org/build-it/ states "If you install
> Okular in a different path than your system install directory it is
> possible that you need to run source build/prefix.sh; okular".
>      Does that even relate to the tests, or only to the installed
> binarys? That question came to my mind, because the kimgiotest loads the
> library "okularGenerator_kimgio.so" from the system, and the newly
> compiled one.

Yes, that relates to the tests too.

>      The command "source build/prefix.sh" updates the environment, but
> it does not change the behavior at all. It does set QT_PLUGIN_PATH to
> the installed path. But the test seems to ignore it.

That is strange, just to make sure, you have run make install, you have sourced the prefix.sh file and you're running ctest in the very same terminal session (i.e. where the environment variables have been set), right?

Have you tried if uncommenting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH line from prefix.sh helps? (source the script again after changing it)

> 2) The documentation at
> https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development#Test_your_changes
> bases on kdesrc-build. Is that the way to go for every application? It
> looks a bit cumbersome.

I've never used kdesrc-build in my almost 20 years of doing KDE stuff, you can use it if you want, don't use it if you don't.