Where is the install folder on Ubuntu?

Julius Hamilton julkhami at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 19:45:41 BST 2021

Hey,

I saw that Okular is not packaged up to date for Ubuntu, and it's
recommended you install it with I think KDE Discover - but I haven't
figured out how to respectively install Discover yet, so I'm trying to just
compile it myself.

The instructions say to run this command at one point:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/your/install/dir ..

I googled around a bit and my understanding is that there is a particular
directory where system-wide installations are put - is that /local, on
Ubuntu, or something else? What path should I give, above?

Thanks very much,
Julius