Okular mini virtual sprint

Simone Gaiarin simgunz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 09:03:32 GMT 2021

Here is a summary of what we did and what was decided in the sprint
yesterday.

1. Regarding the MR
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/merge_requests/254:

- Merge QuickSelectAction and ToggleActionMenu in one class because there
is no use case for ToggleActionMenu by itself in Okular

- Remove QuickSelectAction::removeAction method and instead add an event
filter to listen for the event that QMenu emits when the action is removed
with KActionMenu::removeAction

- Remove the initialization mechanism of QuickSelectAction because we can
do without it.

- In PageView::setupActions refactor the mechanism to set the default
action of aMouseModeMenu by calling setDefaultAction for the mouse menu a
second time after we have read the settings Okular::Settings::mouseMode()
and determined if an action should be checked in that menu.

2. I have opened a feature request regarding a proposed enhancement on !254
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/issues/46

3. MR 245 was closed because superseded by 254

4. MR 246 was closed because addressed by 305 and by an upcoming MR for a
quick annotation mini-bar action

I think the sprint has been very useful, and I would like to thank who
participated in the sprint.

Cheers

Simone