feature request for Okular

Nam longxu longbuxu03 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:51:52 BST 2021

Hi Okular developer,
I'd like to suggest an improvement for the Typewriter tool.
Please take a look at the Typewriter tool in Foxit Reader PDF.
1/ Type directly into the textbox and modify it directly, it's more
intuitive to see the text running on the page, rather than a popup box.
2/ When inside the typing mode for this text box, press arrow keys
up/down/left/right to adjust the whole text box location on the page, it's
much easier to approximate your typing text with other prefixed texts,
especially when filling a form, or make a note next to a paragraph.
3/ click on this textbox, will give small icons next to it to resize the
text 1+/1-. Or even better to change to predefined fonts/sizes/colors/etc.
4/ copy Typewriter textbox. I'd like to make a copy and paste of some typed
text box but can't. It's practical as some of the notes need to be
duplicated in several places, for example when you add a date, and then
copy it to several pages.

Secondly, I'd like to suggest adding an incremental numbered stamp tool.
For example, when you stamp several place with this stamp, let's say you
stamp 5 times. The first stamp will appear a stamp of number 1, next, it
will stamp number 2, then number 3 and so on.
It's useful when you read a long paragraph or an illustration picture, you
stamp the step 1, 2, 3, ... of where to read first, then to read second,
then third, ...
The increment can be 1, 2, 3, 4, ... or a, b, c, d, ...  or i, ii, iii,
iii, ... or customizable.
The increment start number can begin with any number, with 1 being default.
But sometimes you can start with number 4, number 8, or whatever you like,
or even number 0.

So far I found the Typewriter in foxit can do this and still have to use
it.
However, other comment tools in Okular are better. If you can add these
features for Typewriter tools, I'd make the use of Okular much more.

Apparently, if you can make comments tool more customizable like Drawboard
pdf, it'd be awesome.

Thank you!
Nam.