How to get last read page to use in Calibre

Xwang xwaang1976 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:29:48 BST 2021

Hi to all,

I would like to better integrate okular with calibre by writing a
calibre plugin which opens the selected PDF file with okular and then
saves the number of the last read page on a specific column in my
calibre database when I close okular.

I've seen that okular stores an .xml file for each opened file under
~/.local/share/okular/docdata/ and uses the .xml content to reopen the
pdf file at theĀ  last read page.

Is it possible to have the last read page as a return value when closing
okular?

Otherwise is there any function I can call to get the last read page
giving the file name? (I presume something similar is used internally by
okular to open the file at its latest read page).

The plugin is written in python so if any binding with python already
exist I will be happy to use it.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Have a nice day