Okular launched from terminal ignores Plasma window settings

Alexandru Gherghescu gherghescu_alex1 at yahoo.ro
Fri Nov 6 21:24:31 GMT 2020

Hello,
I encountered a quite strange problem (bug?). When I launch Okular from the application menu in Plasma, everything works as expected, the program correctly sets the background and font sizes and colors according to the system settings. However, when I launch Okular from terminal (/usr/bin/okular), it simply skips these settings. It sets what seems to be a default white background and small font size. Also, changing settings in the 'first' Okular doesn't seem to affect settings in the 'terminal' Okular. Is there a solution so that when I launch from terminal, I get the same Okular that I get when I run it from the app menu? Thank you.
Also, I am not sure I posted this where I should've. If this is the wrong channel to ask these questions, I apologize.
Thank you