Okular development help

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jun 9 06:46:34 BST 2020

Hi Mat,

welcome to Okular development.  There is lots of fun stuff to do!

> Should I also have KDE/Qt sources checked out and build/link against them?

No, that is not necessary.

>   What version of GCC/G++ do you compile using?  Is there a c++ standard that you target C++11,14,17,20 etc

Any C++14-compliant compiler should be fine.

> Once I've got a handle on the dev environment then, the best place to start I imagine would be just picking up bugs.

Yes.  Look around at

  https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=1753989&product=okular&query_format=advanced

if there is anything that strikes your fancy.

 I've found https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/158/ which seems to be the tasks for the next release.  Are they just the most prioritised bugs?

That doesn't look like a very useful page, to be honest.

>  If I fix bugs which are not on the workboard will they be included?

Certainly!