Website redesign

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 12 17:38:49 BST 2020

El diumenge, 28 de juny de 2020, a les 22:13:30 CEST, Carl Schwan va escriure:
> Hi everyone,

Hey

> I was inspired this evening and created a small redesign of
> the Okular homepage. I added a screenshot of it as an attachment.
> Before investing more time on it, I would like to know if this is
> a good direction.

It definitely looks more modern, which means i kind of not really like it :D It has more images and less text, so the image you had to sent is 2500px tall compared to the current page that fits in like 800px. but that's just me being an old person i guess ^_^

Now into actual important comments:
 * Does the page support translations?
 * Is there no new section anymore in the frontpage? What's the rationale for it?
 * How does it look on mobile?

Anyhow be it with this new webpage you're working on or without someone should try to spend some time cleaning up the contents.

https://okular.kde.org/faq.php has a section that tells you to invoke kbuildsycoca4 and https://okular.kde.org/formats.php claims KDE 4.5.x is the current version :/