clang-format has been commited

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jul 11 09:06:37 BST 2020

This means that all your pending Merge Requests conflict like crazy and hard kind of hard to rebase.

Here what i did with mr/207 that seems to have worked relatively well.

# make sure the code is uptodate (assuming origin is the upstream repo)
git fetch origin

# checkout the branch. i'm using git mr, but you use whatever you normally do to get the branch
git mr 207

# now rebase it on origin/master telling it, we want to keep our changes when conflicts
git rebase -i origin/master -Xours

# now on the editor page that opened use *edit* instead of *pick* for all the commits

# now for every commit run clang-format on the files you have changed in that commit
clang-format -i file1 file2 file3

# add the clang-format changes to your commit
git commit -a --amend

# continue the rebase
git rebase --continue

# repeat the last 3 steps for every commit you have in your Merge Request.

# check the commits look good

# now push the new "code" to your existing branch
git push REMOTE LOCAL_BRANCH_NAME:REMOVE_BRANCH_NAME --force

Hopefully this should be all.

Please ask if you get stuck in some step or something isn't clear.