Increase list under "Open Recent"

Phil V pv.bugzilla+okular at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 07:40:22 BST 2020

Thank you David for exploring this.

> The settings are stored in ~/.config/okularrc or similar.
> In that file search for [Recent Files].

I do see a list of ten files, numbered in alphabetical order 1,10,2, ... 9.

> It looks like there is no key that controls the count,

Not in my file either.

>  instead the application is responsible for chosing a sensible value.

Sadly, the application and I have different notions of what is sensible.

> See setMaxCount() method:
> https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kconfigwidgets/html/classKRecentFilesAction.html#a9f41c649046f251ec8d4020aaa3ba3e5

Perhaps you mean setMaxItems()?

"void KRecentFilesAction::setMaxItems 	( 	int  	maxItems	)
"Sets the maximum of items in the recent files list.

"The default for this value is 10 set in the constructor.

"If this value is lesser than the number of items currently in the
recent files list the last items are deleted until the number of items
are equal to the new maximum.

'Definition at line 97 of file krecentfilesaction.cpp.