D15580: [WIP] New annotation toolbar

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 25 22:38:02 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D15580#554079 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#554079>, @simgunz wrote:

  > Should I configure the toolbar so that if the user changes to "text alongside icons" the toolbar appears like this?
  >  (the user can then expand the remaining icon-only buttons one by one by right clicking on them if he needs to visualize the text)

  I think that will be easier to tell as soon as a user decides to show the text, and complains about it.

  ---

  I looked at your code, and I it looks fine, as far as I am common with the Okular code. But I didn’t compile and test yet.

  I am wondering about //my// code. You merged both my pathes (D21755 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21755> and D21971 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21971>) into your development branch, right? Maybe you should rebase on D21971 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21971>, so Phabricator (or gitlab) doesn’t amalganate unrelated changes.

  Besides that: How (well) does ToggleActionMenu work for you? I see that you don’t use suggestDefaultAction(). But if I got it right, Okular does not remember annotation tool selection across sessions, so it’s useless.

INLINE COMMENTS

> editannottooldialog.cpp:40
>  {
> +    m_builtinTool = builtinTool;
> +

Why initialize m_builtinTool to false in the initializer list? There aren’t superclass constructors or so which need it, or do I miss something?

> okular.upd:27
> +
> +# remove user-defined annotation tools to make space to new builtin annotation tools
> +Id=annotation-toolbar

Is there a way to keep the user-defined annotations?

> shell.cpp:370
> +  toolBar( "mainToolBar" );
> +  KToggleToolBarAction * aToggleAnnotator = new KToggleToolBarAction( toolBar( "annotationToolBar" ), i18n("&Annotations"), this );
> +  aToggleAnnotator->setIcon( QIcon::fromTheme( QStringLiteral("draw-freehand") ) );

I remember you had struggle to find the annotation toolbar when you tried to show and hide it. Is this code related to the problem and did you solve the problem?