Manual creation of the outline for a PDF document

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Sun Oct 13 21:39:46 BST 2019

Hi Andy and Albert,

I would like the ability to correct the TOC (Table of Contents / Outline) of a
PDF document.

(Just one argument)
Currently it might be confusing, how Foxit or other readers call them
“Bookmarks”, and Okular has the ability to create “Bookmarks”. What if some
user thinks that Okular can correct the TOC, and spends much time creating
Bookmarks, and then sends the PDF without TOC to someone else?

This touches the discussion how much Okular should be an editor, and there is
still no answer whether we should have a separate PDF editor application. :(

Anyway, having the feature in poppler would be great, if there is some editing
application some day. :)

Cheers, David