D15580: [WIP] New annotation toolbar

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 13 18:44:39 BST 2019

simgunz added a comment.

  In D15580#546492 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#546492>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Typically the color chooser includes a "transparent" item.

  The things are trickier here. In Okular the opacity of the annotation is common to the whole annotation, i.e. we cannot have an opacity value for the border color and one for the inner color. This means that the opacity needs to be managed by itself (e.g we cannot just show the alpha channel in the two color pickers) using the `QColorDialog` option `ShowAlphaChannel`.

  If we show the alpha channel only for the inner color picker we still have an undefined situation because the user can either choose a color with opacity 100% or 0% everything in between is invalid. If he chooses 0% we can remove the fill color.

  If we do not show the alpha channel I think we cannot display an option to select the transparent color.

  That is why I came up with the solution of the submenu in the inner color picker action.