D21971: Replace ToolAction by ToggleActionMenu

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 7 09:00:39 GMT 2019

simgunz added a comment.

  To sum it up, if I understand correctly:

  - you agree in removing `DefaultLogic`
  - we can remove `InstantPopup` given that we can use `KActionMenu` or `KSelectAction` to provide that use case (so no need to raise exceptions)

  The change to `ToggleActionMenu::defaultAction` is required, otherwise if `setDefaultAction` is called on action1 manually and then action2 is checked, `defaultAction` returns action1.

  > Should be probably ok, that’s just not really “implicit”.

  In this case `setDefaultAction` has the meaning of `suggestDefaultAction`, i.e., I set the `textSelectionAction` as a default, but then if any of the other actions are checked the default action is changed.
  An alternative is to keep `suggestDefaultAction` public and make `setDefaultAction` private. (even better I would rename `suggestDefaultAction` > `setDefaultAction` and `setDefaultAction` > `something else`)

  ----

  Thinking forward, `ToggleActionMenu` could become just a 'mode' of `KActionMenu`. Right?