D10859: Improve layout of annotation configuraton dialogs

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 29 19:05:58 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks! Much simpler indeed.

INLINE COMMENTS

> simgunz wrote in annotationwidgets.cpp:206
> Is it correct to set this growth policy? I have not found any guideline on the HIG. Compared to the grid layout where label and widget take the same amount of horizontal space, now the widgets take way more space making it a little ugly for some annotation tools. Any idea?
>
> F6857727: Screenshot_20190529_095013.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6857727>

For this one, `FieldsStayAtSizeHint` might be better, and then we just set sensible sizehints for anything that winds up too small. That's basically what we're doing for all our QML software. In general we're trying to move towards making the controls optimally sized in the first place and then static in size when the window grows or shrinks. We often manually set the width of spinboxes, comboboxes, and text fields to make sure they're all the same width.