D21364: Indicate annotation color in annotation list

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 23 22:13:35 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D21364#469159 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21364#469159>, @jangmarker wrote:

  > I think `captionForAnnotation()` does not include the comment's text currently, so this change should probably be done in another commit.

  > It would make sense to show icons to indicate the annotation type, e.g. a different icon for highlight, freehand lines, underlines etc. And if these were colored according to the annotation's color, that would be perfect IMO.

  That’s what I meant. :)

  > I would personally also like it, if e.g. for "Highlights" of text it Okular could show the actual text which was highlighted.

  Makes sense. I. e. instead of showing the comment, because how often does one add a comment to e. g. a squiggle underline?

  In D21364#469111 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21364#469111>, @davidhurka wrote:

  > should data() return an "okular" icon by default? If there is no data that can be shown in an icon, the horizontal space could be used for the comment instead.

  Thought about it: the okular icon might make sense. The stamp annotation is the only one which doesn’t use color, and coincidentally stamps an Okular icon. ;) But unfortunately, it //has// a color. What do you get in the tree view if you make some stamps?