D21332: Okular Annotation: add line start/end style config only for Straight Line tool

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 23 07:46:33 BST 2019

tobiasdeiminger added a comment.

  `arc patch` fails, could you please rebase on current master? You may also want to add CCBUG <https://community.kde.org/Policies/Commit_Policy#Special_keywords_in_GIT_and_SVN_log_messages>: 381629 to the description.

  Besides that your changes look reasonable. I was first a bit in doubt about removing lineends from polygon widget, because in PDF speak Polyline is more related to Polygon than to Line annotation (see PDF32000_2008.pdf <https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf> chapter 12.5.6.9). And polylines //can have// line endings. But Okular seems to go a different route, where polygons are always closed shapes (acc. to Okular Handbook), and polyline is more related to `ToolStraightLine` than to `ToolPolygon`.

  Btw., can we do polylines yet? The only way I found was to tweak engine points attribute for tool type straight-line in `~/.config/okularpartrc`.