D21281: [RFC] Write a bit Documentation for Part and PageView

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 22 20:02:35 BST 2019

davidhurka marked 2 inline comments as done.
davidhurka added a comment.

  Probably it should be described how dropped URLs are handled in general? Sometimes the Part uses them and wildly opens files, sometimes not.

INLINE COMMENTS

> part.h:154
> +         */
>          void showSourceLocation(const QString& fileName, int line, int column, bool showGraphically = true) override;
>          void clearLastShownSourceLocation() override;

This creates a GotoAction and lets m_document “process” it.

I still don’t understand how (Goto)Action works and how source locations work.

> part.h:203
> +         */
>          Q_SCRIPTABLE void slotTogglePresentation();
> +

How to set the display used for presentation? It’s possible from the config dialog, but not from D-Bus?

> part.h:246
>          void enablePrintAction(bool enable);
>          void openSourceReference(const QString& absFileName, int line, int column);

Why doesn’t Part handle the print action itself?

> part.h:271
>          void fitWindowToPage( const QSize& pageViewPortSize, const QSize& pageSize );

What do `pageViewPortSize` and `pageSize` mean? Or why are //these// two important? I don’t understant the slot in Shell.