D21281: [RFC] Write a bit Documentation for Part and PageView

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 20 17:18:22 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D21281#467283 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21281#467283>, @aacid wrote:

  > In D21281#466844 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21281#466844>, @davidhurka wrote:
  >
  > > Is there some more KParts literature? I could find KParts on api.kde.org and the tutorials on community.kde.org, but couldn’t really transfer that to Okular.
  >

  > Why you couldn't transfer it to okular? If you don't say what you don't understand is hard to explain *everything*

  I would like to understand how KParts are used usually / how they should be used. Understanding how Okular::Part is used from the source code is difficult, because I didn’t yet find it instantiated anywhere (except in ui/fileprinterpreview.cpp).

  Okular::Part has a whole bunch of of methods, many of them interfacing D-Bus. api.kde.org doesn’t cover expanding Parts with additional methods, the tutorial only covers using existing Parts. I also have looked at the D-Bus tutorials (still for KDE4), but don’t know yet how important it is for Parts.

  I don’t want to write documentation for the class Okular::Part, before I understand KParts well. Neither for it’s members, because I fear that could be redundant or irritating.

  I will look at other projects using KParts. But could you hint me where Okular::Part is instantiated?

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in part.h:124
> parent is an object not a widget ;)

Oh, right. Changed that.