D21271: [WIP] Improve documentation of TextEntity stuff

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 19 22:31:03 BST 2019

davidhurka added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in textpage.cpp:1880
> Why should it documented more visible? Who else cares?

Looks like I messed up my comments.

> This is some interesting information, which should be documented more visible. Is the information still true?

belongs only to line 1880:

  // m_page->width() and m_page->height() are in pixels at
  //100% zoom level, and thus depend on display DPI.

---

(Information from line 1880) Should be documented because any Generator has to return the page size at some time. When I was reading about Generator implementation, I wondered what this size should be, and how it is related to the pixmap size. Should I think in 1px/pt? 1px/mm? A completely different unit?

This (line 1880) is not directly about the Generator, but it might be interesting what will be considered “default size” after the Generator returned the page size.

> aacid wrote in textpage.h:168
> i don't see the extra value added by this addition, the "Retuns" below already says that this function does, but if you want to have a sentence here i'd prefer "and returns it as a string" over "and concatenates it to a string".

Agreed, will remove that sentence.

This is related to textArea( TextSelction * ), I will mention that instead.

> aacid wrote in textpage_p.h:32
> What?

Need this to document the following function prototypes, would not compile otherwise.