D21271: [WIP] Improve documentation of TextEntity stuff

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 19 21:45:05 BST 2019

aacid added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidhurka wrote in textpage.cpp:1880
> This is some interesting information, which should be documented more visible. Is the information still true?

Why should it documented more visible? Who else cares?

> textpage.h:39
>   *
> - * Also some document types have glyphes - sets of characters rendered as one, so in search they should
> - * appear as a text but are only one character when drawn on screen. We need to allow this.
> + * Ideally, every single glyph is represented by an own TextEntity.
> + * If the textual representation of a graphical glyph contains more than one character,

s/an/its ?

> textpage.h:44
> + * When the Generator has created the TextPage, and it is added to a Page,
> + * the text entitys are reordered to words, lines, and paragraphs, to optimize search and text selection.
> + * This way, the Generator does not need to care about the logical order of lines or paragraphs.

entities

> textpage.h:168
>          /**
> -         * Text extraction function.
> +         * Text extraction function. Looks for text in the given @param area, and concatenates it to a string.
>           *

i don't see the extra value added by this addition, the "Retuns" below already says that this function does, but if you want to have a sentence here i'd prefer "and returns it as a string" over "and concatenates it to a string".

> textpage.h:179
>          /**
> -         * Text extraction function.
> +         * Text extraction function. Looks for text in the given @param area, and concatenates it to a string.
>           *

same as above

> textpage_p.h:32
>
> +struct WordWithCharacters;
> +typedef QList< WordWithCharacters > WordsWithCharacters;

What?

> textpage_p.h:92
> + */
> +static WordsWithCharacters makeWordFromCharacters(const TextList &characters, int pageWidth, int pageHeight);
> +

What?