D21195: [RFC] Create a Change Colors menu (with toolbar button)

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 15 16:16:16 BST 2019

davidhurka marked 2 inline comments as done.
davidhurka added a comment.

  I have added CheckableActionMenu, which cuts the default action connection between the KActionMenu itself and the toolbar button. Now it is possible to make the toolbar button checkable, but not the submenu.

  But the toolbar button (QToolButton) pops up a menu which I don’t really understand. It is a menu consisting of the default action (ok so far) and the KActionMenu itself as submenu (not ok). F6824299: Screenshot_2019-05-15_15:03:40.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6824299>

  I have one idea how this submenu gets there: KActionMenu::createWidget sets the KActionMenu as default action for the QToolButton.
  Now the popup menu works fine. As soon as CheckableActionMenu::createWidget sets a new default action, this menu becomes a submenu (?).

  QToolButton::setMenu() has no effect, and QToolButton::menu() always returns nullptr.

  So, default action of the toolbar button works, menu works not.

  Someone an idea how I can keep the correct menu?

INLINE COMMENTS

> pageview.cpp:761
> +        a->setCheckable( true );
> +        a->setData( int( id ) );
> +        d->aColorModeMenu->addAction( a );

Can I use Okular::SettingsCore::EnumRenderMode::type somehow for the action data, without casting it to int?

> GB_2 wrote in pageview.cpp:672
> No, we always use three dots.
> This item should have the `configure` icon BTW.

Ok I’ll add that.