D17929: Hide cursor when tablet stylus leaves proximity of the screen

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 23 20:27:58 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  Not sure, but that one looks like the inductive stylus I once had. (That one worked pretty bad.)

  Inductive coupling becomes better as the tip advances the screen surface. -> Proximity detection.
  When the surface applies pressure to the tip, it squeezes an elastic element, which probably reduces resistance, which probably moves the resonance frequency. -> Pressure detection.

  What would be new to me is that combinations of inductive touch & capacitive touch & illuminated color display exist. Cool.

  So I can’t really help here.