D21759: Hold zoom center below center/mouse position

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 23 15:19:41 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D21759#484966 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21759#484966>, @aacid wrote:

  > In D21759#484499 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21759#484499>, @steffenh wrote:
  >
  > > Hi @aacid,
  > >  thanks for testing,
  > >
  > > > Also it doesn't work? or not how i would expect it?
  > > >
  > > > I'm doing ctrl+wheel zoom here with the mouse over the a and ends up being over the p.
  > > >
  > > > I was expecting it to end up being over the a too?
  > >
  > > to begin the width of the document is smaller than the viewport with, so we have no horizontal scrollbar and we can not make a horizontal scrolling.
  >

  > Sure, but at some point there will be a scrollbar, and at that point you can make it scroll to the "correct", position, no?

  Do you mean it should always try to scroll where the zoom was triggered the first time after Ctrl was pressed the last time? I think it makes sense, but only marginally more than scolling to the position of the individual scroll event.

  I just tried this patch, and zooming with the middle mouse button is unusable now. The view heavily jaggs arround all the time, you can’t see anything. Maybe make viewport->update() a queued connection in slotRelayoutPages()?

  Otherwise it works like I expect.

  Maybe it makes sense to stick the cursor position while zooming with the middle mouse button, so the zoom center is shown. (I know that only by Spore.)