Moving to invent.kde.org

Tobias Deiminger haxtibal at posteo.de
Sun Jun 9 19:44:34 BST 2019

Am 09.06.2019 12:13 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El diumenge, 9 de juny de 2019, a les 11:06:43 CEST, Tobias Deiminger
> va escriure:
>> Am 08.06.2019 11:22 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> > How would you feel if we moved to invent.kde.org now instead of
>> > waiting for the final migration?
>>
>> If that means we'll gain a pure gitlab workflow (merge requests,
>> issues,
>> CI), I'd like it, the sooner the better.
>
> No issues, bugzilla is here to stay.
>
> CI is still being discussed, as far as i understand build.kde.org is
> still the way to go, which shold be fine, it works just fine for us.

kdenlive has per MR CI builds, e.g.:
https://invent.kde.org/thompsony/kdenlive/-/jobs/8072

Will we get that too? (guess it can be complementary to what
build.kde.org does)

> So this is basically more about MR (and the fact that you can easily
> fork and thus have branches on "your own repo" where you can force
> push)

Good thing.

Branches on private clones could also be a good fit for GSoC.
Our last years approach to let phabricator track a GSoC branch
in the central repository caused quite some confusion.

>> Are there downsides?
>>
>> > The bigger chance would be that "future" code reviews would be done
>> > through gitlab instead of through phabricator.
>>
>> What about phabricator reviews that are currently in progress, are
>> there
>> conversion scripts or will we have to resubmit them as MRs?
>
> They can stay AFAIK. I mean as far as i understand you can put
> "anything you want" in phabricator, so if the git repository moves
> somewhere else it doesn't really matter.

After all, and if migration doesn't mean additional load on your side,
I'd still vote for doing it.

Cheers
Tobias