D21622: Use a more conventional dropdown menu style instead of press-and-hold

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 6 15:57:01 BST 2019

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: Okular, VDG.
Herald added a project: Okular.
Herald added a subscriber: okular-devel.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently, `ToolAction` menus (of which there is only one, the selection tool menu)
  activate the current tool on click, and require a click-and-hold to choose a new tool.
  This is a somewhat unfamiliar user interface that I myself struggled with when initially
  encountering it, and I've encountered user complaints about it as well.

  This patch adjusts the behavior so that clicking on the arrow on the right side of the
  button will open the pop-up and allow choosing another tool, which is a more common
  method of implementing the feature. The patch also adjusts the tooltop accordingly.

TEST PLAN
  F6874466: New tooltip text.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6874466>

BRANCH
  use-more-conventional-dropdown-menu-style (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  ui/toolaction.cpp