D10859: Improve layout of annotation configuration dialogs

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 2 22:39:33 BST 2019

aacid added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> simgunz wrote in dlgannotationsbase.ui:55
> Yes.
>
> Both Author and Add had 'a' as accelerator. This was actually working. Pressing 'a' twice switch between the two.
>
> Nonetheless I changed it to make the accelerators unique.
>
> Initially I set 'u' as accelerator for Author but this was conflicting with 'Move Up' and the accelerator of author was automatically changed to 't' once running Okular. (not sure why this did not happen also for 'a').
>
> Then I noticed that not setting the accelerator let Qt set one automatically, so I decided to not set it. Mainly because I though that it make sense to set it only if it has a logical sense like 'u' for Move Up or 'd' for Move Down, but given that 't' is a random letter of author I decided to let it be automatic.
>
> Maybe it is better to set one explicitly?

It's not Qt. It's kxmlgui that does the autoaccelerator magic. In principle it's always better to set it manually, this way translators know there's an accelrator and can try to set one that makes sense themselves and not leave it to "randomness" of the autoaccelerator magic.

> annotationwidgets.cpp:460
> +        formlayout->addRow( i18n( "Line end:" ), m_endStyleCombo);
> +        formlayout->labelForField( m_startStyleCombo )->setToolTip( i18n("Only for PDF documents") );
> +        formlayout->labelForField( m_endStyleCombo )->setToolTip( i18n("Only for PDF documents") );

you're going to have conflicts, AFAICS this "only for PDF documents" is gone.

BRANCH
  fix-annot-config-dialog