D21755: [RFC] Replace ToolAction by a more universal “ToggleActionMenu”

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 28 17:43:02 BST 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D21755#483631 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21755#483631>, @simgunz wrote:

  > What I am probably not understanding is. Is `ToggleActionMenu` meant to be a general component that you want to use in other parts of KDE? Or is it just meant for Okular?

  Whoa, didn’t answer yet. I think it makes sense to make classes universally useful, instead of fitting them exactly to a single use case. That allows code changes / fixes in the future, while relying on the universally designed classes. The result is that ToggleActionMenu could be used anywhere in KDE. But it is just meant for Okular so far.

  So far, only for color modes: D21195 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21195>.

  None so far, except the “default mode” like in D21195 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21195>.