D22064: General improvements to stamp annotation

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 22 19:02:36 BST 2019

simgunz marked an inline comment as done.
simgunz added a comment.

  In D22064#498964 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22064#498964>, @aacid wrote:

  > Small code improvements that can be ignored if you want.

  Fixed, and thanks for pointing out my bad style practices. I also like clean code.

  > The main concern i have is that we're improving a broken feature, stamps are not saved correctly into the pdf files (because of poppler) so I'm a bit unconvinced of making it easier to select random files since that'll create more broken PDF files out there.

  I agree with @ngraham. Showing a warning seems the best solution for now. Any suggestions on the best way to display it? Is a string at the bottom of the appearence widget enough?

  In the new annotation toolbar, we could disable the stamp annotation button when the loaded file is a pdf, what do you think?

INLINE COMMENTS

> pino wrote in annotationwidgets.cpp:166
> The dialog title must be i18n'ed; while you are there, please use the `@title:window` semantic context with i18nc()

I have also tried to add <filename> and <warning> tags as suggested in the i18n semantics tutorial, but they seem not to be processed given that the tags appears among the text when the dialog is shown.

https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Semantics#Phrase_tags

BRANCH
  improve-stamp-annotation