D22617: Add icons for pagelayout options, as needed in Okular

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 22 02:29:01 BST 2019

ndavis requested changes to this revision.
ndavis added a comment.

  Nice work!

  I know a lot of monochrome icons currently use the bottom right position for the folded corner, but I think we should start using the top right. The bottom right clashes with our convention of putting additional symbols in the bottom right and all of our color icons use the top right for the corner fold.

  There are some additional changes I would like to see.

  Naming scheme:
  Since this is changing the view, the naming scheme should be something like `view-pages-*` rather than `pagelayout-*`

  `pagelayout-single`:
  This should be a symlink to `snap-page.svg` since they're the same icon.

  `pagelayout-facing`:
  The 16px version is good, but the larger versions don't use up enough of the available canvas. In general, aim to use 100% of the allowed vertical space (16px in height with 3px top/bottom margins for 22px) unless that would force you to squish the symbols in an unattractive way.

  `pagelayout-facing-first-centered`:
  The top page should be centered to reflect how the view mode works. I think the top page shouldn't be cut off, but that means you'll need to shrink the size of the pages overall. This will be particularly difficult for the 16px version. If you can't get the 16px version to look right with a 2px margin on the top and bottom, I'll accept it with a 1px margin even though that goes against the HIG.

  `pagelayout-overview`:
  It should represent pages laid out in a 2x2 grid rather than a stack since Overview mode has a grid layout.

  ---

  I don't think it's necessary to do 24px versions of these icons, but there's no harm in doing them. It's just more work.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons