D22259: Reduce default sidebar icon size

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 7 03:06:31 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Yeah I think this needs more design work rather than a defaults change. If we just reduce the icons' size, it won't make any difference because the text is the widest element, and if we remove the text, it will impair usability because the icons aren't meaningful enough on their own to communicate what the tabs do. Maybe we should consider adding a mode selector to the top of the sidebar itself, and a new button on the default toolbar that toggles the sidebar's visibility.

  Since this is Phab rather than GitLab, you have to Abandon the patch yourself. I'm terribly sorry to have to reject your first patch though. Please do stick around, and hopefully your second one will make it in. :) If you want to take a crack at my above proposal/showerthoughts, please feel free!