D22259: Reduce default sidebar icon size

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 5 14:04:14 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D22259#490551 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22259#490551>, @ndavis wrote:

  > I like the idea of having a thinner sidebar, but I don't like the idea of having unlabelled views by default. I think hiding labels would hurt usability for first time users.

  Same. Icons-only buttons only work when their icons are universally-recognizable and have a meaning that's100% clear. I don't think we can say that about this sidebar. Vertical text isn't a great idea either. Also keep in mind that tooltips aren't available on touch, because there's no concept of hover.