D19717: Search function fails to find phrases split over two lines

Joao Oliveira noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 22 14:16:54 BST 2019

joaonetto marked 4 inline comments as done.
joaonetto added a comment.

  In D19717#454108 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19717#454108>, @davidhurka wrote:

  > In D19717#453821 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19717#453821>, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > There's a downside to this is that now if you actually put a newline character in the search it will fail where previously it worked.
  > >
  > > On the other hand typing an actual newline character is kind of hard (i had to copy it from a newline in kate) so maybe we can just accept that noone really knew how to do that :D
  > >
  > > Opinions?
  >

  > The use case to insert a newline could be:
  >  Someone is testing a LaTeX document, and searches for a passage from the source code (maybe some verbatim code).
  >  One would just copy the passage in Kate and paste it into the search box in Okular.

  Hmmmmm, I can treat things differently if there's a new line in the search box.

  Or maybe I should find a way to treat spaces the same as newline chars.

  I'll have to take a look in the compare function to see how it would handle, maybe compare alphanumeric only?

  If I can't do that, I'll have to treat them differently.