D10974: Add option to ignore print margins

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 25 20:20:55 UTC 2018

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  In D10974#268014 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10974#268014>, @ngraham wrote:

  > [...]
  >  Another option is to use a radio button:
  >
  >   Scaling: (o) None
  >            ( ) Auto-fit within printable area
  >

  > [...]

  Maybe  a radio button might actually help to make clearer what happens; it also makes it possible to explicitly describe both options (taking margins into account or not). Proper labels would still be needed, though.
  Note that with the current implementation, the option that does not consider margins still does scaling in case the page size of the document and the printout do not match, so "Scaling: None" does not really describe what happens in all use cases, s. comment https://phabricator.kde.org/D10974#217969 above for more details. Maybe something like "Scale to full page" or "Auto-fit to full page" is more appropriate. I currently don't have any good idea on how to call both options so that they're both correct and easily understandable.

  Just to mention it, the current revision uses the term "print margin", not "printer margin", basically for the reasoning Albert described. (In my ears, "printer margins" sounds more like "hardware-specific margins" than what the user set in the page setup tab.)