[Okular-devel] Smooth scrolling and Zooming

Benjamin Trias jesuisbenjamin at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:04:28 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I'v been lacking a good tool for studying* and since I have some knowledge
of programming, albeit basic, I've started a project to create this tool,
surrounding a PDF viewer.

Working with PyQt4 and python-poppler-qt4 I've managed so far to display
PDFs in a scroll area and make some text selection. However, the zooming
and scrolling on the document is very poorly rendered. Scrolling is delayed
while the image is loaded onto visible pages and zooming (i.e. resizing the
document) renders all rickety and flickery.

Would you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Benjamin

**That's not completely true, there is Mendeley which achieves most of what
I want to do. Although its freeness depends on a limited cloud, which soon
asks for money to get larger.*