[Okular-devel] Useful page transition for presentations

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 24 22:12:34 UTC 2012

El Dissabte, 23 de juny de 2012, a les 00:27:12, Marius Hofert va escriure:
> Dear Okular developers,

Hi Marius

> I recently started using Okular and I like it a lot.
> However, for presentations, I have to (feature) requests:
>
> 1) Some of the existing slide transformations should change according to the
> direction in which the slides are viewed. For example, assume you use "Wipe
> Up" as transition. When turning pages *backwards*, it confuses both the
> audience and the presenter, since the pages are also wiped up. The correct
> behaviour should (IMHO) be "Wipe Down", so that one gets a feeling for
> whether the pages are turned forward or backward. Similarly for "Wipe Left"
> and "Wipe Right"
>
> 2) Most of the transitions do not look professional (personal opinion), they
> are too fancy to be applied at serious conferences. Originally coming from
> Mac OS X, I liked a transition Skim had (not 100% sure if it was Skim but I
> guess so). The idea was similar to the transition "Dissolve", but the
> latter looks pretty much like a battle of pixels. I would therefore suggest
> a new, serious transition, suitable for scientific conferences. It should
> fade out the content of a slide to the background/white (within a time
> frame of 2-3 seconds, say, or something which can be specified by the
> user). This gives a "smooth transition" between slides and not a
> distracting one.

This is the list we use for coordination of the development, if you want to
report a wish item, i suggest you to report them to bugs.kde.org where it is
easier to keep track of them.

On the other hand if you know how to develop you might be interested to
develop this features yourself :-)