[Okular-devel] Okular firefox plugin

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Wed May 12 13:44:11 CEST 2010

I've had some success writing a Firefox plugin to display PDFs using
Nokia's qtbrowserplugin and embedding Okular as a KPart. It appears to
mostly just work with little code.

Is anyone interested in this generally, or getting it included with
Okular? Maybe a more general version which could load any KPart into
Firefox would be useful.

The main problem I'm having is to get the program to use the correct ui.rc
file to merge the Okular kpart with my application. The rc file seems to
get installed into /usr/local/share/apps/kparttut1/kparttut1ui.rc on this
fedora system. I'm getting "Game" and "Move" menus appearing on the menu
bar, but I'm not sure where these are coming from.

The KPart loader is part of the firefox process, so it's a bit unclear to
me how to get KDE to use the right rc file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeremy

--