[Okular-devel] Okular KNS3 porting

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Feb 16 23:49:11 CET 2010

A Dimarts, 16 de febrer de 2010, Eman Tsal va escriure:
> Hello

Hi

> I've signed up to participate in klassroom, to help port apps to Knewstuff3
> from Knewstuff2.

Nice :-) Welcome to the amazing KDE contributor world :-)

> I was wondering if you would be interested in patchs for okular? Fregl
> mentioned on IRC that
> you might have issues with server load on kde.org and that opendesktop
> might be able to set up
> an ebook category for okular.

Unfortunately fregl should have noticed that we have Knewstuff2 disabled on
purpose, not because of the load it generates on the kde.org server but
because we think Okular is not "a book catalog app" and that's why we disabled
the code.

I hope you didn't use much time for the port.

On the other hand, there has been lots of people asking for "a book catalog
app", that is an application that is "amarok-like" to manage collections of
books etc.

Would you be interested in working in such an application?

Albert