[Okular-devel] Kile and Okular with ForwardDVI

Thomas Braun thomas.braun at virtuell-zuhause.de
Sun May 10 17:35:43 CEST 2009

Hi there,

as more and more people are using our KDE4 version of kile more questions
arise with the interaction between kile and okular.
Due to the good support from the okular devs we could always get the problem
nailed down and fixed quite fast.

One remaining problem is the forwarddvi.
In this mode kile tells the viewer to open a file and jump to a given line.

With KDE 3.5 kile used to call kdvi like
kdvi --unique 'file:/home/kdedev/kile-projects/test.dvi#src:16 ./test.tex'
and kdvi jumped to the source special "#src: 16./test.tex" in the
file /home/kdedev/kile-projects/test.dvi.

With okular this method does not work anymore.
Have you already added forward search in okular?
If yes, how do I have to call okular in order to get it working?

Thanks,
Thomas (member of kile dev team)