[Okular-devel] Is the installation description of okular faulty?

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 19 18:41:17 CEST 2008

Hi!
Thank you for your help.  Still, I don't the the system to build.  Please
bear with me, as I am new both to KDE development and cmake in
particular.

I started from zero again and followed the steps in the instruction.
The cmake command returned with no errors:  Here's the screen
output:  (btw: this is a Debian Lenny machine)

sander at haile:~/okular-test/kdegraphics/build$ cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/haile/sander/okular-test/okular-inst ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.4.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake-qt4)
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so;/usr/lib/libXft.so;/usr/lib/libXau.so;/usr/lib/libXdmcp.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so;/usr/lib/libXft.so;/usr/lib/libXau.so;/usr/lib/libXdmcp.so
- found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Found Perl: /usr/bin/perl
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT
-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Failed
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT
-- Performing Test HAVE_FPIE_SUPPORT - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_W_OVERLOADED_VIRTUAL - Success
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Found Phonon: /usr/lib/libphonon.so
-- Found Phonon Includes: /usr/include/KDE;/usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.1 include dir: /usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.1 library dir: /usr/lib
-- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Found Strigi >= 0.5.9
-- Found Strigi: /usr/lib/libstreams.so
-- Found lcms version 1.17, /usr/lib/liblcms.so
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that qimageblitz is not installed
on your computer.
-- Install the package which contains qimageblitz.pc if you want to
support this feature.
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package Blitz
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package Sane
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that exiv2 is not installed on
your computer.
-- Install the package which contains exiv2.pc if you want to support
this feature.
-- Cannot find Exiv2 library!
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so
-- Check Kipi library in local sub-folder...
-- Found Kipi library in local sub-folder:
/home/haile/sander/okular-test/kdegraphics/libs/libkipi
-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
packages.
+ JPEG
+ KIPI
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
+ Blitz, kdesupport: A a graphical effect and filter library for KDE4
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/qimageblitz>
Required to build kolourpaint.
+ gphoto2: A library and framework that lets you download images from
several different digital camera models
<http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gphoto>
Required to build the kamera project.
+ SANE: SANE libraries which are needed by applications that want to
access scanners. <http://www.sane-project.org>
Provides scanning support for libksane and ksaneplugin.
+ X11 Video Mode Extension: An X11 extension providing access to
detailed timings of video modes currently in use, and a means to modify
them <http://www.x.org>
X11 xvidmode extensions are needed to build kgamma.
+ Exiv2: A library to access image metadata <http://www.exiv2.org>
Required to build libkexiv2 and gwenview.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/home/haile/sander/okular-test/kdegraphics/build

Then I typed  cd ../okular   (not cd okular as written in the
instruction, it doesn't make sense),
but there:

sander at haile:~/okular-test/kdegraphics/okular$ make
make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei
gefunden.  Schluss.

What I am doing wrong?  What further information can I send you to help
locate the problem?

Thanks a lot,
Oliver Sander