[Okular-devel] okular: inverse search in TeX

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Fri May 16 15:35:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Are there any chances that this feature will be implemented in okular?

Actually, the inverse search (document -> source) is mostly already there;
what is missing is the following couple of things:
1) a way to activate the "inverse links": currently, you have to press (in a
quite precise way) the position with left mouse button and Shift hold. Of
course, this is far from ideal, and needs to be improved. Using central mouse
button click (as in KDVI)? Not sure, it's already in use for the zoom
function.
2) (optional) a UI for configuring the editor. Currently it's set by default
to Kate, or can be set to an arbitrary editor, via configuration file.

> Another huge advantage: it would run embedded in Kile and did not open a new
> window every time you recompile your LaTeX source.

Not sure what Kile "would like to have" for a good integration with it, I'll
write to the Kile developers.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano