[Okular-devel] Some Fullscreen -requests

Sebastian Guttenberg guttenb at inp.demokritos.gr
Mon May 12 10:24:53 CEST 2008

Hi Albert
Thanks a lot for your reply.

> Maybe you want presentation mode instead of fullscreen mode?

No, sorry. In presentation mode there is no "facing"-mode and no
"overview" mode and no "continous pages" mode. I don't want to give a
presentation, but I want to work -- in fullscreen mode. My screen is
quite small an I need every inch. I think that this is a very common
issue (why else would you have a fullscreen mode?)

> <alt-v> <v> <f> is not a shortcut, just a menu accelerator, if you don't have
> menu, it does not work.

Well, I am aware of this, but I don't see any reason why the menu accelerators do not simply continue to work without menu bar. Would be very convenient.

Ah, the bugs are reported at bugs.kde.org?! Ok, I will do so.

> If you don't know what you did to create this situation it's going to be
> almost impossible for us to try to fix it.

Well, I have now renamed the files okularrc and okularpartrc in my .kde4/share/config directory and now okular starts again without the fullscreen mode.
Perhaps you can have a look at the configuration files as they were when it wasn't working. I have never edited them manually.
They are written by okular and I have just renamed them by adding a ".bak". I will attach them to this email.

Best, Sebastian