[Nepomuk] About MERGING FAILED errors in nempomukserver

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 07:03:05 UTC 2011

Hey David

This is quite normal.

With 4.7, if the strigi indexers do not give us data that is conformant with
the ontologies, we refuse to push it into Nepomuk and give a big - Merging
failed error. AFAIK, the error you seem to be getting has been fixed. You
just need to update you Strigi version.

If you still get a lot of these messages, then you need to figure out which
file is causing these errors. You can run 'nepomukindexer file' to figure it
out.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 7:50 AM, David Narvaez
<david.narvaez at computer.org>wrote:

> Hi, sorry for the caps in the title,
>
> I want to start taking a closer look at Nepomuk to help with bugfixes
> and improvements, so I started by taking a look at my nepomukserver
> output when running it from the console. I noticed I was constantly
> getting messages saying merge failed and some problem with the
> arguments (see the example below). My question is if that's a regular
> scenario or something I should look at solving/bug reporting.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(17851)/nepomuk (storage
> service)
> Nepomuk::DataManagementModel::storeResources:  MERGING FAILED!
> [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(17851)/nepomuk (storage
> service)
> Nepomuk::DataManagementModel::storeResources: Setting error! "Invalid
> argument
> (1)": "<
> http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nfo#characterCount>
> has a rdfs:domain of